Showing 5 from 285 Items

Count:
Sort by:
Order:

Owner of Ratkūnai manor Antanas Kamarauskas built a wooden church in Suvainiškis in 1782. Unfortunately, in 1832 Russian government closed the monastery and church, abolished parish. By the care of pastor Antanas Mackevičius, current stone church…

The monument was created by the sculptor B. Bučas, to commemorate the writer and public figure J.Tumas–Vaižgantas from Rokiškis region. The monument was consecrated on 29 April, 1937. Juozas Tumas-Vaižgantas is one of the great Lithuanian writers.…

The monument “Rūpintojėlis” (“Cross”) was built in 1993 by sculptor Robertas Antinis (junior) and architect Eugenijus Miliūnas. It is like a chapel, where flowers  and  candles can be placed, then the monument looks like a shining lamp.…

St. Apostle the Evangelist Matas Church is one of the most prominent works of Neo-Gothic style in the period of historicism. The treasure in it is equally impressive. The most common question is where all this came from. According to narratives and…

1803 Juozapas Daumantas Sesickis, the owner of Vengerinė manor, brought a chapel to the village, enlarged it and built the first wooden church in Žiobiškis. Church was to small, so locals start to think that it would be good to have a bigger church.…