The mound is located on a separate hill. The mound was surrounded by 2 ditches and embankments on the slopes. On the southern slope, 3 m below the site there is a 10 m wide terrace, another 3 m below it is the second. The slopes of the mound are steep, 23 m high, except for the low 2-3 m high in the northeast.

The mound is heavily plowed.

It is also known as the Bajorai and the Piliakalnis.

To the northeast of the mound, at an altitude of 0.5 ha, was a foothill settlement. It extended to the back of the goat in the village of Mičiūnai, also called the mound or the giant’s grave. The settlement was severely destroyed by plowing and around 1962. construction of the Obeliai-Dusetos highway.

1933 P. Tarasenka examined an area of ​​40 m2 on the northern edge and slope of the site, found a stone ax, a fragment of another ax, lined, smooth and rough ceramics, and slag in a culture layer up to 0.6 m thick. Stone rubbing mills were found on the eastern slope.

The mound dates back to the 1st millennium BC – the middle of the 1st millennium.

Address & Contact

Our Address

Kriaunų sen. Rokiškio r.


55.873418, 25.860189